Exciting news – K9 of Mine has been nominated for a Liebster Award! And I couldn’t be more excited!
What is the Liebster Award?
If you don’t know what the Liebster Award is don’t worry, I hadn’t heard of it before either. The Liebster Award is a fun way to recognize great blogs while encouraging bloggers to share and learn a bit more about one another.
I was nominated by Elaine from Chasing Dog Tales. I definitely recommend checking her blog out if you haven’t already. Not only does her blog look fantastic, but it’s also packed with really great, quality posts about all things dog! Make sure you take a read around!
How the Liebster Award Works:
When you accept the Liebster Award, you answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you, while also adding 11 random facts about yourself. Next you have to nominate 3-11 other bloggers while adding your own 11 questions! All right, let’s get to it!
My Liebster Award Nominees:
These are blogs I have recently come across and am very excited about, which is why I am choosing to nominate them for a Liebster Award. They have great information and are tons of fun, so be sure to check them out!
- Dakota’s Den
- Beagles and Bargains
- Have Dog Blog Will Travel
- Basil’s Travels
- The Poodle and Dog Blog
- Mattie Dog Blog
- Dog Mom Days
Liebster Award Rules
Should nominees accept the Liebster award, here are the rules:
Questions From Elaine of Chasing Dog Tales
1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Just kidding! What’s your primary motivation for blogging?
Wow, that was a scary one for a minute there! 😀 I’ve always loved blogging and content writing, and I’ve always loved dogs! One day I decided – hey, why not combine the two?
2. How would you describe your dog’s personality?
Because of my apartment dwelling, I don’t get to live with a canine pal (and I can’t stand it!) Luckily I get to see my family dog Lucy a lot. Lucy is an Enligh Cocker-Spaniel who got her name from Lucy of Peanuts, so that probably says plenty about her personality 😉 She’s quite the little princess and turns into a second shadow around dinnertime. I love how excited she always is to see me – she’ll come charging at me like a bull at a red matador.
3. What do you find most frustrating about blogging?
I think the most frustrating thing about blogging for me is that sometimes I’ll work very hard on a post and I’ll think it’s going to do very well, but then it can sometimes be a bit of a flop! That can be really tough.
4. What do you find most rewarding about blogging?
Blogging has allowed me to learn and experiment so much. Not only do I get to learn from the great bloggers around me, but I also learn from the research I do on new dog training topics. In addition I get to experiment with WordPress and learn more about running a website. It’s so rewarding!
5. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
Probably that I don’t technically share a house with a dog right now. It’s a little weird being someone who blogs about dogs but doesn’t live with one! Still, I love dogs so much and have wonderful dogs in my life – so that’ll have to be enough for now!
6. What have you learned from your dog?
My previous family dog taught me a big lesson – about saying goodbye. Benzy was the first important person in my life to pass away, and healing from the death of a pet is always hard. He taught me so much – how to be there for your friends, how to be thankful, how to express love to those around you. Teaching me how to say goodbye was his last big lesson.
7. What was the hardest thing to teach your dog?
For years I tried to teach Benzy how to wipe his paws on the rug before coming in. It never quite caught on I’m afraid.
8. What type of articles do you enjoy working on the most?
I actually love making infographics – they are a ton of fun and allow me to learn more about design, which has always been a side interest of mine. Plus, people seem to really enjoy them. I hope I can do more of them in the future!
9. If you could share only one piece of wisdom with novice dog owners, what would it be?
Appreciate and enjoy every day with your doggie, and let them teach you how to see the world with a dog’s enthusiasm and zest for life! They really know how to live.
10. What do you have planned in the near future for your blog?
I really hope to start spending more time on visual assets for the blog – I want to do more dog quotes, more infographics, etc.
11. What makes you laugh?
Dragging Lucy around when we play tug-of-war always gives me a good chuckle!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I absolutely hate cucumbers, but I love pickles!
- I wanted a dog my entire life, but didn’t get one until I was 14 years old (and that was by happenstance!)
- I’ve traveled to 20+ different countries.
- In addition to dogs, I’ve had pet newts, hamsters, and, of course, goldfish.
- I’m an avid gamer, my console of choice being the PS3.
- I order Thai food from the takeout restaurant down the street at least once a week.
- I’ve been blogging since I was 12 years old!
- I have never owned a pair of real high heels (nothing more than 1 inch).
- I have a tremendous sweet-tooth that can never be satiated.
- I go crazy over green tea ice cream.
- My dog once managed to eat a whole bag of Lindt truffles without any ill-effects. Lucky dog!
My Questions for Nominees
Here are my questions for the great bloggers who I’m nominating for a Liebster Award!
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- What has been the most challenging aspect of blogging?
- What has been the most rewarding aspect of blogging?
- If you had to choose one, would it be peanut butter or jelly?
- What are you watching on TV these days?
- What’s your funniest pet story?
- If you got to choose, what would your last meal on Earth be?
- What’s your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?
- How did you think up the title of your blog?
- What is your favorite candy bar?
- What’s your favorite thing about pet ownership?