Looking for a stylish way to keep your canine comfy?
Dog crate end tables give your dog a private space to relax that can also double as a piece of home furniture!
Read on as we detail the advantages of end table crates, what to consider before grabbing one, and which dogs are best suited towards these types of kennels.
Quick Picks: Best Dog Crate End Tables
No time to read? These are our top picks for the best dog crate end tables!
Why Do Owners Choose Dog Crate End Tables?
- Unique Style. You don’t see many dog end table crates in the majority of homes (although who knows why? They’re awesome!), making them a unique element. Owners who enjoy an eclectic sense of style may like separating themselves from the pack with a dog crate that is truly different!
- More Attractive Than Plastic Crates. Many owners end up opting for an end table dog crate because they get so sick of looking at their dog’s ugly plastic or wire crate every day. Dog crate end tables are designed to look like real pieces of furniture, making them much easier on the eyes.
- Fashionable & Functional Double Use. Dog end table beds don’t just look great – they’re functional too! It’s always nice to kill two birds with one stone, and end table beds do just that. They provide a space for your dog to snooze, as well as an end table to place a lamp, magazine, or other household items.
- Saves On Space. Dog crate end tables are an especially smart choice for apartment living or close quarters. Dogs beds take up valuable floorspace, so if things are already tight, an end table crate can free up more room to move around in your home.
- Your Dog Can Be Part Of The Action. Due to the unattractive design of traditional plastic and wire dog crates, our four-legged pals often end up stuck in the corner or in a laundry room. This is no fun for our pets, who want to be where we are! End table dog crate furniture can be placed seamlessly into a living room or other area of home happenings, allowing dogs to comfortable hang out with their favorite humans!
Things to Consider When Shopping For a Dog Crate End Table
- Measure Carefully. You’ll want to take careful measurements of various end table dog crates to make sure that they’ll fit appropriately alongside your couch, bed, or other pieces of furniture.
Since once of the main goals with a dog crate end table is to have it fit comfortably in your home, the last thing you want is a strangely protruding side or edge.
- Your Dog’s Full Size. Since dog end table furniture is often on the pricier side, you’ll want to pick out a crate that will last through your dog’s growth spurts! If you’re shopping for a puppy, make sure to consider your pup’s estimated adult size.
Of course you’ll always want to make sure that the crate is properly sized for your pooch – your dog should have plenty of room to lie down and turn around.
- They Aren’t Great For Travel. These crates aren’t designed for portability – they’re designed to sit in a home permanetly. Since dog end table beds are often made of wood, they can be quite heavy! If you’re looking for a portable crate that can easily be moved between homes or taken camping, these won’t be your best bet.
- Provide Ventilation. All the dog end table crates we cover have plenty of ventilation, but if you end up going the DIY route, it’s worth mentioning that you can’t just hollow out a hole into an end table and call it a day. Your dog still needs slats for ventilation. Plus, your pup wants to be able to look around and see his surroundings – not be stuck in a black box!
Which Kind of Dogs Are Best Suited For End Table Beds?
- Small Dogs Are The Only Option. In most cases, dog end table beds will only work for petite canines. Large dogs just can’t fit comfortably in an end table! Unfortunately, this is generally true for many pieces of fashionable pooch furniture (the same goes for dog sofa beds as well – the coolest looking couches are often only suitable for smaller dogs).
- Great For Dogs That Like Feeing Enclosed. Some dogs love the security of being surrounded by walls – remember, dogs are decedents of cave-dwelling wolves, so some canines can’t get enough of cave-like beds.
If your dog loves hanging out in his crate and has enjoyed bolster dog beds or hooded dog beds in the past, he may be particularly inclined to warm up to a end tabled bed!
- Not Good For Chewers. The vast majority of end table dog crates are made of wood – which means they are quite chewable! If your dog is a chomper, considering shopping for a tougher dog crate or a chew proof dog bed. Even dogs who just tend to scratch might make these initially attractive dog crates look beat up and worn quite quickly (at least on the inside).
- Good For Gentle Canines. Most of these dog end table crates are relatively sturdy, but simply not tough enough to keep an escape artist enclosed. If your dog hates being crated and is desperate to get out, he’ll probably manage it in one of these crates! These are best designed for easy-going, calm dogs that are happy and content in their crate.
About: The EcoFlex Dog Crate End Table from New Age Pet is a thick, durable end table that can fit in with a variety of home decors.
This dog end table is made with a blend of blend of recycled polymers and wood fibers, designed to prevent wrapping or cracking. The spindle bars are made of quality stainless steel, providing ventilation and a view for your pooch.
It’s available in 3 colors: russet, espresso, and antique white (notably one of the few crates available in a white color).
Another nice feature is that this end table crate includes a single latch for small and medium sized crates, and two latches for large and extra-large sized crates. While a determined dog can probably still escape, the double latch may provide a bit more security for larger canines.
This crate is available in 4 sizes, from small (22″ H x 18.1″ W x 23.8″ L) to extra-large (30.9″ H x 27.6″ W x 42.5″ L).
This is one of the few dog end tables that is big enough to house a larger sized dog – owners note that the extra-large size can comfortable fit a 60 lb dog without issue.
As a bonus, this end table crate also includes a 10 year manufacturer warranty – owners have been able to get replacement doors or pieces when a dog breaks out, although they’ll still be responsible for re-assembling any busted pieces.
Owners also note that the top section is made of pressboard, which means it could begin to show wear quite quickly. You’ll definitely want to make sure to use coasters or a mat to keep in good condition.
While this crate is sized suitably as an end table, it’s not a normal crate size, which makes it more difficult to find a good dog bed to fit inside of it.
About: The Walnut Pet Crate End Table from Primetime Petz is a sturdy, attractive wood doggie end table that resembles a real piece of furniture.
It comes in two sizes – medium (24″ H x 21″ W x 30″ L) and large (27.3″ H x 24″ W x 36″ L). It’s been noted by other owners that the medium size can comfortable fit a 25 lb dog.
This end table dog crate also features a padded bottom to prevent scratching against your floor.
One owner also notes that the Armarkat Velvet Dog Mat fits nicely inside of the crate, for those in need of a complimenting bed cushion!
About: The Casual Home Dog Crate Nightstand Table is another quality piece of wooden dog crate furniture for your home.
This dog crate nightstand is constructed from 100% wood and stainless steel – not artificial veneer.
It’s sturdy, durable, and is available with either a black or espresso color.
While some of the other dog crate end tables listed here have been reported to show up on the doorstep with unexpected colors, this crate’s online listing seems true to its color.
This wooden dog end table is available in two sizes – small (24.25″ H x 20″ W x 27.5″ L) and large (29.25″ H x 24″ W x 36.5″ L). Most agree that the large size is suitable for housing a 50 – 60lb dog, but no bigger.
This crate is made of wood veneer and metal rungs – most owners seem to have no issue with the quality, despite not being 100% wood.
It’s available in two sizes – medium (32.5″ L x 23.5″ W x 22.5″ H) and large (40″ L x 28″ W x 31.5″ H).
The double use as a dog crate or gate means twice as much functionality, since it can also be used to close off sections of your home you might not want your pooch to access.
In addition, this crate has a removable bottom plastic tray to help protect your flooring. This tray isn’t attached to the crate in any way – it simply sits beneath it and is there in case of an accident.
About: This Dog Bed Ottoman is a soft-sided ottoman-style enclosure for your pet to lounge in!
This design is quite different from others – there is no door to keep your dog inside, so it will likely only be suitable for well-behaved adult dogs who just need a space to hang out in.
This Dog Bed Ottoman is made of vinyl and comes in black, brown, or grey coloring. It’s also fairly small (5” H x 15” W x 15” D) and only comes in that one size.
While it doesn’t provide much of the security or elegant style of other other dog end table crates listed here, this option is much less expensive – just a fraction of the cost of other dog crates.
Another big benefit is that this soft-sided crate can be easily collapsed and stored away.
Taking the DIY Route: Make Your Own Dog Crate End Table
Didn’t find anything appealing? Want to make your own dog crate end table DIY style? It is possible, but we can’t promise that it will be easy!
For learning how to build a dog crate end table, we suggest checking out this guide over an Instructables, where you can see how to construct a dog crate made with wood and wire horse fencing!
Does your dog use a end table crate? How do they like it? Share your experience in the comments!